What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website to, among other things, store and retrieve information about a user's or your computer's browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and how you use your computer, may be used to recognize the user. Under no circumstances can cookies damage your computer. On the contrary, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and resolve possible errors.
Cookies are then sorted into a number of categories. However, it should be noted that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: These are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through the cookies.
In the case that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
Types of cookies according to the time period they remain activated:
Depending on the length of time they remain activated on the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on one occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: These allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, in their case, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
The cookies used on our Website are our own and those of third parties and allow us to store and access information relating to the language, the type of browser used and other general characteristics predefined by the user, as well as to follow and analyse the activity carried out, with the aim of introducing improvements and providing our services in a more efficient and personalised manner. INELCOM, S.A. does not use advertising or behavioural advertising cookies.
At INELCOM S.A. we do not collect or store your personal information (for example, your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify you.
However, you can configure your browser, accepting or rejecting all cookies, or select those whose installation is allowed and which are not, by following one of the following procedures, depending on the browser used:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
INELCOM, S.A. uses in its Web Site:
Session cookies are memorized and are only valid temporarily, that is, until the user finishes browsing the website. These cookies do not permanently record any information on the hard drive of your computer.
|COOKIE_SUPPORT||coleccion-inelcom.com||Persistent||To facilitate navigation through the website as well as to store the preferences selected by the user while browsing the website.||level 1|
|GUEST_LANGUAGE_ID||coleccion-inelcom.com||Persistent||To facilitate navigation through the website as well as to store the preferences selected (e.g. the navigation language) by the user while browsing the website.||level 1|
Specifically, INELCOM S.A. stores in the user's terminal the "analytical" cookies of Google Analytics. The user can exclude his/her individual activity by means of the exclusion systems provided by Google Analytics .
More information: Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites.
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.||level 2|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to limit the percentage of requests. If you have implemented Google Analytics using Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be called _dc_gtm_<property-id>.||level 2|
Cookies used by add-ons from external content providers:
Cookies used by third-party content provider plug-ins are necessary for you to access content or services provided by third-party providers, such as viewing videos hosted on YouTube, or viewing geographic locations on Google Maps. They are governed by the provisions of their respective cookie policies.
Google Add-on Cookies
INELCOM S.A. uses external Google add-ons. Their use implies the sending of cookies.
The information collected by Google's external add-ons on our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on its servers. This information is managed entirely by Google. These cookies do not identify you personally unless you have an active session with Google, in which case they are linked to your Google account.
For more information, please refer to: Types of cookies used by Google
INELCOM S.A. uses the Google Maps plug-in to visualize geographical locations (our offices or other locations).
In some parts of the INELCOM S.A. website, embedded videos from Youtube are shown. The cookies implemented by Google in any page that includes a Youtube video are used to measure the number and behavior of YouTube users, including information that links the visit to our website with your Google account in the case of having an active session.
|PREF||2 years||When you create or sign in to a Google Account, the PREF, NID, HSID, APISID, SID, SSID, SAPISID, GAPS, LSID, BEAT, ULS cookies are stored on your computer in order to remain connected to your Google Account when you visit your services again. As long as you remain with this active session and use add-ons on other websites such as ours, Google will use these cookies to improve your user experience.
The Google +1 button used on our website is hosted by Google, your browser sends information about the cookies that Google requires if you keep the session active with your account, this data is used by Google in order to associate them with your account.
On our website we use Google Maps to display geographical locations. Its use implies the remission of the cookies; PREF, NID, SNID, khcookie, in addition to the cookies that Google requires if you keep the session active with your account, managed entirely by Google.
In some pages of our website we have embedded videos from Youtube, it is a Google service. Its use involves the transmission of cookies; PREF, NID, LOGIN_INFO, ACTIVITY, dkv, USE_HITBOX, demographics, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC, in addition to the cookies that Google requires if you keep the session active with your account, in order to view the embedded videos, estimate the bandwidth and show how many times it has been played.
|NID||6 months||level 2|
|SNID||6 months||level 2|
|GAPS||expires with the session||level 2|
|LSID||2 years||level 2|
|BEAT||24 hours||level 2|
|YSC||expires with the session||level 2|
|Khcookie||expires with the session||level 2|
|demographics||18 months||level 2|
|dkv||60 days||level 2|
|APISID||2 years||level 2|
|HSID||2 years||level 2|
|SID||2 years||level 2|
|SAPISID||2 years||level 2|
|SSID||2 years||level 2|
|LOGIN_INFO||2 years||level 2|
|ACTIVITY||expires with the session||level 2|
|USE_HITBOX||expires with the session||level 2|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||8 months||level 2|
Intrusion levels associated with the cookies we use
The above-mentioned cookies incorporate an "intrusion level" criterion supported by a scale of 1 to 3, in which
- Level 2: This corresponds to anonymous cookies for internal use that are necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, as well as cookies managed by third parties in the framework of services expressly requested by the user on their websites (e.g.: Facebook Twitter or Linkedin Social Add-ons, embedded videos, maps).
- Level 3: Corresponds to cookies managed by third parties in the framework of services not expressly requested by the user, allowing their monitoring through websites of which INELCOM S.A. is not the owner (e.g.: graphic advertising management platforms). The specification of this level is accompanied by its owner. The use of level 3 cookies is subject to the prior permission of the user by means of express confirmation of their acceptance.
These lists will be updated as quickly as possible as the website services offered on the site change or evolve. However, occasionally during this update the list may no longer include a cookie, although it will always refer to cookies for the same purposes as those registered on these lists.